The Wycombe Wanderers Trust Directors met last evening (Wednesday) for their regular monthly Board Meeting.
It was acknowledged that in recent months we have not brought you this update but members and fans must be aware that during the period when the Trust was considering offers to purchase the Football Club, most of our time was spent discussing matters that were too confidential and/or sensitive to put into the public domain. As you now know, none of those offers progressed and the Trust remains the owner of the Football Club.
What we have been able to tell you has been sent out by our Secretary in the regular Members Email Updates.
However here is a summary of last night’s meeting:
- Andrew Howard has now completed his budget revision for this season and this will go to the WWFC Board for approval
- Andrew updated the Trust Board on some operational/internal changes which will be implemented. The Club will announce these in due course.
- There are still funds owing for the Snowdon climb in June. Those who pledged should ‘pay up’ to Lisa or David soon please
- Our profit from badge sales stands at £406 after the first 4 games
- Trust now has 973 members – next target is 1000. Annual subs are due on 1st November
- Our next AGM will be held in February 2015. (no date fixed as yet)
- Next informal fans meetings in Scores are scheduled for 1st and 29th October – the latter being a special night for younger fans in half term week
- We are nearing the time when the Share Scheme can be launched. Once HMRC have granted Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) status for our share scheme, we will announce a meeting date to launch the scheme formally. This meeting will also include a presentation on plans to take the Club forward under Andrew Howard’s chairmanship.
- Finance – with the first 3 payments due to the former owner having now been paid, it should be noted that our total debt has already reduced by £40k and this particular loan will continue to be repaid at £160k per year.
- A new Manager of the Wycombe Wanderers Sports and Education Trust has been appointed and will take up duties on 29th September
- WWSET now has a new sponsor – SkyeX – whose advertising can be seen on boards around the ground and opposite the WWSET page in the match programme
- The Trust Directors will sponsor the away shirt of Peter Murphy this season.
- We hope to renovate/replace the original Loakes Park memorial plaque to those who died in the 1914-18 war.