This has been one heck of a 125 Anniversary season both on and off the pitch.
There was much to celebrate at the End of Season Awards Dinner held on Sunday 28th April.
This was a wonderful opportunity to bring together supporters, sponsors, players and staff to celebrate the achievements of the season. The evening included a drinks reception, 3-course dinner, entertainment, music and the presentation of awards, including:
- Goal of the Season – Sam Wood in the opening game of the season at York (presented by Gareth Ainsworth)
- Community Player of the Season – Junior Morias (presented by Rob Brown)
- Supporters Player of the Season – Josh Scowen (presented by Lisa Bowker)
- Young Player of the Season – Josh Scowen (presented by Richard Dobson)
- Players’ Player of the Season – Stuart Lewis (presented by Steve Davis of WWISC)
- Outstanding Contribution – Rena Perrin of OWWSA (presented by Ivor Beeks)
Gareth also presented special awards to 3 of our loan players Michael Harriman, Bruno Andrade and Jordan Archer and gave his own special thanks to Theo Farley, Stuart Bannister, Lee Harrison and Richard Dobson.
The previous day, Stuart Lewis had been voted the OWWSA Player of the Year for 2012/13, while Josh Scowen was named their Young Player of the Season.
Sam Wood picked up the WWISC Player of the Season award with Charles Dunne voted their Most Improved Young Player of the Season.
Those awards were presented on the Adams Park pitch before Saturday’s final game of the season against Port Vale.
A great night was had by all who were at the Awards Dinner.
‘Gaz’ has brought together the fans, players, staff and boardroom and we move forward together.
Next season if we all pull together we can (hopefully) achieve ‘something special’.
Stay together, stay strong, We Are One Wycombe.